Construction is a multifaceted world, where completing works is subject to complex legal regulations. Are you familiar with the legal opportunities and risks?
The lawyers of our Construction Law practice group have extensive knowledge of and experience in the construction industry. Our lawyers have extensive experience in both advice and litigation. Finding pragmatic and constructive solutions is paramount in every case.
- Building contracts
- Liability for defects
- General terms and conditions (such as UAV, UAV-GC, AVA, DNR, STABU and RAW)
- Construction time overruns and claims for losses due to delays
- Coordination agreements
- Design, build, finance, maintain and operate agreements
- Operating agreements
- Inefficiency discussions
- Variations in agreed work discussions
- Completion discussions
- Project development
- Collaboration agreements
We work for construction companies, architects, engineering firms and suppliers. It should be borne in mind that many main contractors in turn also qualify as clients in relation to subcontractors.
We have developed special expertise in the (technical) fitters industry. Examples include the design and construction of industrial complexes or parts thereof (such as production lines), renovation of technical installations (maintenance of tanks and piping systems, hot and cold insulation of piping systems).
Recent cases Construction Law
- Assisting with delivery disputes of a major bioethanol plant
- Advising on contracting and coordination agreement for the construction of a radar tower at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
- Advising a project developer on a large-scale housing development project in Utrecht
- Assisting DHL with realisation of logistics location(s)
- Proceedings on sand extraction for a municipality
- Extensive arbitration for housing corporation about contract extras and losses due to delays