Commercial Real Estate
The historically low interest rates and the continuing uncertainties in the financial markets put pressure on returns. Investing in property is an opportunity to secure long-term returns. For this reason, the development of new property continues to be interesting for investors, as does the purchase or sale of property. But which form of financing and which form of contract do you choose?
Property is not a ‘trouble-free’ possession. You can count on social developments and regulations to lead to complicated challenges, with rules on asbestos and the energy performance of buildings being prime examples. How do you best deal with these challenges and which choices are best for you and your organisation financially?
Van Benthem & Keulen understands the complexity of the property world and is familiar with the questions you may have about it. The strength of the team lies primarily in the continuous cooperation between the lawyers and junior civil-law notaries, so that a maximum result can be achieved for our clients. Our involvement starts with the initial phase of a transaction and does not end until the transaction is completed. We always keep an eye on an optimal result for you as our client.
We pay constant attention to the underlying commercial and strategic interests. We also work closely with other disciplines within our organisation, such as Banking & Finance, Construction Law and Environmental Law.
Our services are characterised by being proactive and deal-driven. Our lawyers are highly experienced professionals in the legal and notarial professions, involved in both Dutch and international property projects. The team values an open and long-term relationship with its clients.
- The purchase and sale of property
- Complex property transactions
- Property redevelopment
- The refinancing of property portfolios
- The turnover and transfer tax system (property transaction)
- Construction law and environmental Law
- Due diligence
- Commercial tenancy law
We work for funds, investors, logistics, retail, governments, property owners and production.
Recent cases Commercial Real Estate
- Sales assistance (sale and lease back) for DHL concerning multiple logistics locations
- Redevelopment of a prominent location in the Netherlands (establishment of right of superficies, division into apartment rights and issuance in leasehold)
- Refinancing of a real estate portfolio (€ 75 million)