Every year the Education Inspectorate publishes the report The State of Education, a detailed report outlining trends and developments. It is one of the sources that our sector team uses to keep abreast of the current developments you find yourself faced with. What do current topics such as curriculum revision, reinforcing accountability and quality agreements mean to you?
The Education sector team is highly specialised and knows how to combine the developments in education with a profound, multidisciplinary knowledge. The sector team consists of lawyers and (junior) civil-law notaries, each of whom shares knowledge and experience in education on the basis of their own specialism. The team is assisted by an Advisory Board with prominent representatives from the various education sections.
In 2018 the lawyers of the Education sector team organised a meeting on the progressive collaboration between senior secondary vocational education and training, higher professional education and university education. In cooperation with the Netherlands Association of Universities of Applied Sciences, the statutory embedment of the associate degree was discussed.
- Industrial disputes
- Objections and appeals
- Collective agreement
- Employee participation
- Notarial practice
- Education buildings
- Education law
- Public Servants (Standardisation of Legal Status) Act (Wnra)
- Advising in the area of employee participation
- Advising Utrecht University of Applied Sciences on various funding issues
- Conducting proceedings for a municipality regarding education buildings under the Elementary Education Act
- Proceedings before the Tailored Education Disputes Committee regarding suspension/removal of a pupil in secondary education
- Advising a university of applied sciences on a rent law issue
- Advising the MBO Raad on various labour-law and strategic issues
- Advising on internal complaint about study progress / binding study advice (Adult and Vocational Education Act)
- Proceedings regarding duty of care in relation to job market prospects and efficiency (Adult and Vocational Education Act)
- Multiple dismissal proceedings for universities of applied sciences
- Drafting agreements on ICT procurement for a university