Developments in information technology follow each other in rapid succession. Organisations are increasingly using cloud solutions, platforms and innovative technologies such as the blockchain, 3D printing, artificial intelligence (AI) and the Internet of Things (IoT). Organisations increasingly find themselves in a 'digital transformation', in which information technology plays a critical role. Our Information Technology team has extensive experience in drafting, negotiating and resolving disputes relating to complex IT contracts.
The pillars of our Information Technology practice group are Sourcing, Innovation, Privacy and Platforms. Our Information Technology lawyers have an all-round IT practice, characterised by a result- and solution-driven approach. Our services are highly specialised and state of the art. We look for a suitable solution for the moment as well as a strategy that delivers the best results in the long term. We are involved with our clients and set great store by a lasting relationship. Our team has extensive experience and knows the playing field, enabling us to deliver high quality in a pragmatic way. We advise, litigate and contract in all IT subfields. The team likes to fulfil the role of 'project lawyer' in IT-driven projects. By this we mean that we take responsibility for all aspects of the legal support of an IT-driven project.
By collaborating intensively with the other practice groups of our firm (including the notarial practice), we are able to respond quickly to the needs of our clients. In cross-border cases, we work closely with renowned law firms in our international network. This network and the independence of our firm enable us to select the most suitable firm in virtually any country.
- sourcing projects, including cloud sourcing, IT or business process outsourcing, offshoring and projects that fall under the scope of the Public Procurement Act
- drafting and negotiating complex IT and technology contracts, including SaaS agreements, framework agreements, (agile) software development agreements, licensing agreements, R&D agreements, hosting agreements and SLAs
- resolving IT disputes, where necessary by conducting proceedings or an alternative form of dispute resolution (such as arbitration or mediation)
- privacy compliance, including performing DPIAs, formulating policy, reporting data breaches and entering into data processing agreements
- assistance with 'dawn raids' or investigations by the Dutch Data Protection Authority
- '360 degree support' for all platforms, including software development, maintenance and management (both front-end and back-end), hosting services, e-commerce legislation, consumer law, affiliate marketing and privacy and cookie statements
- advice on the use of new technologies (such as AI, IoT, Blockchain) where issues may arise at the intersection of privacy and telecommunications law
Our team serves national and international companies of various types and sizes with a ''State of the Art'' service. Our client base includes:
- Software vendors
- (National) transport companies
- Healthcare institutions, including (university) hospitals
- Financial service providers
- Fintech companies
- Educational institutions
Recent cases Information Technology
- Assisting with a tender for a framework agreement for data center housing services and cloud computing services for a major bank
- Drafting and negotiating a business process outsourcing agreement for an Indian service provider with a Dutch telecommunications company