Online retailers are more and more often opening a physical store too, while a fairly large number of retailers are still not online. Speech assistants such as Alexa and Google Assistant will support consumers more in their purchases and there is an increasing trend towards blurring. What do these developments mean for you? What legal challenges will they present? And how do you deal with them?
The legal professionals of our Retail sector team have extensive experience in retail. They can support you in all the legal challenges you face. From ICT/Privacy to employment law, from property to franchise.
We often work with other disciplines to achieve the desired solution for you.
Van Benthem & Keulen believes in a personal approach. Thanks to their many years of experience, our experts have in-depth knowledge of the industry and know the most efficient solutions to your problem.
The sector team follows developments in retail closely, assisted by an Advisory Board consisting of leading representatives from the retail sector.
Every year the Van Benthem & Keulen sector team organises a retail seminar for management boards and corporate lawyers of retail companies.
- Employment law, including employee participation
- Contracts, including agency, distribution and franchise
- Insolvency law
- ICT & technology
- Intellectual property
- Permits and the environment
- Cooperation with Miele Nederland B.V. in establishing and implementing a distribution network in the Netherlands
- Assessing the standard lease agreement as used by an umbrella real estate organisation for its members
- Cooperation with Optitrade Retailgroep B.V. in developing and implementing contracts with suppliers and affiliates
- Advising several retail companies in strategic HR process, co-determination and reorganisations, and providing labour-law support on terms of employment, illness and dismissal and redundancy