Alice van der Schee
Alice van der Schee has been a lawyer since 1990 and a partner with Van Benthem & Keulen since 2001 in the Restructuring & Insolvency practice group, which Alice leads. Alice is often appointed as administrator in moratoriums of payments and as insolvency practitioner in bankruptcies. She was appointed in some high-profile bankruptcies, such as TCN Urop SE and Koops Furness N.V.
What distinguishes Alice as a lawyer is that she is bilingual and is also Rechtsanwältin in Germany. This enables her to bridge the gap between the German and Dutch legal situations for German clients. At the same time, she can explain the difference between both legal systems to Dutch entrepreneurs who are active in Germany and offer appropriate solutions based on her knowledge of German culture.
- Assistance to directors and all other stakeholders of businesses that are in difficulties
- Supervision of restructurings
- Assistance of companies and entrepreneurs who are in difficulties
- Supervision of company relaunches
- Assistance to German companies in their Dutch operations, in particular in the area of business law
- Assistance of Dutch companies in their German operations
- Advice on directors' and officers' liability proceedings and conducting such proceedings
- Advising and litigating in the field of accountant’s disciplinary rules
- Cardiologie Kliniek Flevoland B.V.
- MC Groep Facilitair Bedrijf B.V.
- MC Groep Facilitaire Diensten B.V.
- MC IJsselmeerziekenhuizen B.V.
About Alice van der Schee
Alice is a member of Insolad, Insol Europe, Insol World, TMA Nederland, NVRII (Netherlands Association for Comparative and International Insolvency Law), the Arbeitsgemeinschaft Insolvenzrecht und Sanierung of the Deutscher Anwaltverein. She is also an extraordinary member of the Verband Insolvenzverwalter Deutschlands, the Deutscher Anwaltverein and the Arbeitsgemeinschaft Internationales Wirtschaftsrecht. From 2009 to 2016 Alice was a member of the board of INSOLAD (Insolvency Lawyer’s Association) and between 2014 and 2016 she was Chairman of the Board of the Deutsch-Niederländische Rechtsanwaltsvereinigung. Currently, Alice is Chairman of the Board of Directors of SCG Legal and a member of the Council of Insol Europe.
Chambers Europe about Alice van der Schee:
Alice van der Schee of Van Benthem & Keulen offers experience as a court-appointed liquidator. She also assists with asset recoveries. A commentator reports: "I found Alice van der Schee very easy to work with and very responsive.