Barbée Bartels has been working as a lawyer at Van Benthem & Keulen since October 2022 and is a member of the Banking & Finance practice group.
Practising law since 2018, Barbée specialises in domestic and international financing and security. Addressing both lender and borrower perspectives, she advises on a wide range of issues, including general banking, acquisition finance and real estate finance.
Barbée's clients include domestic and foreign banks, insurers, equity funds, other financial institutions, private equity and listed companies.
- Drafting and negotiating credit agreements
- Drafting and negotiating documents for real estate financing
- Drafting and negotiating documents for acquisition financing
- Drafting and negotiating various security documents (liens, mortgages, suretyships, guarantees, etc.)
- Advice on a wide range of funding and related issues
- Advice on enforcing collateral or its prevention.
About Barbée Bartels
Barbée obtained a master's degree in public law with a focus on criminal law in 2016 and, in 2018, a master's degree in private law with a focus on commercial legal practice, both from the University of Amsterdam. She completed the Law Firm School in 2020.