Danielle Martens-Schutten has worked as a lawyer in the Banking & Finance practice group since 2007 and as a partner at Van Benthem & Keulen since July 2020. Danielle’s expertise is financial law.
What distinguishes Danielle as a lawyer is that in her service provision she combines thorough professional knowledge with a critical view of regulatory legislation. She thinks in possibilities, which requires a great deal of creativity. In doing so, she always takes the important and long-term relationship between our clients and regulators into consideration. Financial law is constantly developing. Pointing this out to clients is self-evident for Danielle.
Danielle is a frequent guest speaker for the Netherlands Compliance Institute. Danielle is a regular speaker with the iura actua Banking & Finance course and in our seminars for asset managers.
- Licence applications
- Compliance and regulatory issues
- Assistance in the issue and offering of securities (including securitisations) and financial products
- Setting up and liquidating investment funds (UCITS and AIFMD) and other investment structures (including the setting up and closing down of in-house securities investment systems)
- Drafting and evaluating documentation in the context of regulatory legislation (e.g. AO/IC, fund documentation, prospectus, KIID)
- Drafting and evaluating (collaboration) agreements (e.g. outsourcing, distribution, custody/depositary agreements, prime brokerage agreements)
- Issuing legal opinions
About Danielle Martens-Schutten
Danielle is a member of the Finance Law Association.