After my studies in Dutch Law at Utrecht University and Corporate and Commercial Law at King's College London, I started work as a lawyer at Van Benthem & Keulen in 2004. I am specialised in insolvency law and finance law.
I am regularly appointed by the court as a trustee for companies
and institutions. As a lawyer,
I assist companies and (financial) institutions with disputes concerning credit, pledge and mortgage rights and related issues.
I like to take a proactive approach, in order to achieve the best result in cooperation with my clients. This is where my service-focussed attitude is most effective.
Memberships and additional activities
- Member of the Professional Association of Dutch Insolvency Practitioners (INSOLAD)
- Member of the Disciplinary Committee for the Royal Dutch Lawn Tennis Association
- Specialist course in Insolvency Law at the Grotius Academy (graduated cum laude in 2010)
- Financial Economics for Bankruptcy Trustees at the Erasmus University in Rotterdam (2013)
Examples of recent services
- Conducting various (interim injunction) proceedings in the area of financing and securities for a large Dutch bank
- Conducting directors' and officers' liability proceedings in the bankruptcy of a medium-sized IT company
- Acting as trustee for Muziek Staffhorst Muziekinstrumenten B.V.