After graduating cum laude from Utrecht University in the area of private law and criminal law in 2000, I have been a lawyer in the company law practice since February 2001. In 2005 I completed the Corporate Structures specialist course at the Grotius Academy cum laude. I have been a partner at Van Benthem & Keulen since 2011.
I enjoy assisting companies with a wide range of company law
issues, often on a regular basis.
I offer added value by combining solid professional expertise with a pragmatic approach.
I advise clients in the following subareas:
- Corporate governance
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Directors' and officers' liability
- Partnerships and joint ventures
- Shareholder dispute
I enjoy sharing my knowledge of corporate law with my clients. I regularly give in-house workshops and lectures on developments within company law. I am also a regular speaker in the Company Law module of IURA ACTUA, the CPD programme for in-house lawyers. In addition to my work at Van Benthem & Keulen I am a member of the Council of the Bar Association of Midden-Nederland.
- Dutch Commercial Law Association
- Dutch Association for Corporate Litigation
- AIJA (International Association of Young Lawyers)
Examples of recent services
- Assisting sellers in the sale of a majority interest in the worlds largest supplier of import roses
- Assisting a company from India with the transfer of its interest in a Dutch company (2012)
- Providing advice to a large healthcare institution on various governance questions relating to a proposed cooperation (2014/2015)
- Assistance of a Chinese listed company in the acquisition of a majority stake in a Dutch wholesale company (2013)