I have been working at Van Benthem & Keulen since 1999 and
have been a partner since 2010.
I head the construction and procurement practice group.
At Van Benthem & Keulen, I started in contract law practice where I gained extensive experience in drafting and reviewing contracts as well as in negotiating and, where necessary, litigating on contracts. Quite quickly I specialised in procurement law. In addition to procurement law, I have specialised in civil construction law in recent years. One could say that in my practice field it is always about two (potential) contracting parties who want to, or have to, find each other.
As a lawyer, I am first and foremost a service provider. For me this means that I act on the basis of the interests of my client and try to achieve the best conceivable solution. It is not only the legal aspects that play a role here. I am involved and conscientious.
I regularly teach training courses and give presentations on topics within my area of expertise. Interaction and a great interest in the subject matter are paramount here.
- Member Dutch Association for Procurement Law
- Member Utrecht Construction Society
Examples of recent service provision
- Assisting an international pharmaceutical group in the participation in a large number of tenders by central government for the supply of vaccines. Successful litigation was also conducted in respect of a number of those tenders
- Assisting various care and educational institutions in the organisation of the tenders for complex projects
- Procedure for a municipality in connection with a sand extraction / contract for services with a large construction group
- Extensive arbitration for a housing association in respect of a claim for payment for contract extras and losses due to delay
- Drafting purchase policy and conditions for a number of municipalities/institutions
- Giving practical and interactive (in-house) training on the Procurement Act to governments and businesses