I have been an attorney-at-law since 2009. I started my career at Nysingh law firm in Arnhem and have been working at van Benthem & Keulen since 2017, as part of the Property & Government practice group. I focus on administrative law and on private-law matters involving authorities.
My work focuses on:
- Expropriation law and compensation for loss under administrative law, including unlawful government act
- Compensation for loss resulting from administrative acts and loss resulting from government planning decisions
- Obligations to tolerate pursuant to the Public Works (Removal of Impediments in Private Law) Act and Water Act
- Municipalities (Preferential Rights) Act, land development, property development and area development
I have extensive experience in acting on behalf of the central government, provinces, water authorities and municipalities in large expropriation and infrastructure projects. I also act on behalf of enterprises and private individuals dealing with expropriation or other government interventions. My experience in working on behalf of authorities also provides added value in those cases.
Examples of recent provided services
- Expropriation: carrying out expropriation proceedings for various infrastructure projects: construction of the A4 motorway near Steenbergen; widening of the river Maas in connection with the Grensmaasproject and relocation of the Noorderbrug in Maastricht
- Area development: providing assistance in respect of a joint arrangement of municipalities in connection with the allocation of a business park to a multinational
- Providing assistance to a water authority in connection with a compensation procedure in response to altered water level management